Merry Maids of Etobicoke house cleaning jobs
Currently hiring: Full-time and part-time house cleaners
Looking for a fun place to work, with a flexible schedule and competitive pay? Then come live the Merry MaidsTM life!
As a Merry Maids team member, you will belong to an award-winning company and become a part of a close-knit team – a team that works together to provide the best cleaning solutions and customer service to our clients.
Whether you’re looking for a full-time career or a more flexible part-time job to supplement your income, we’re here to support you. Merry Maids depends on exceptional teammates, just like you, to provide our award-winning service while enriching your own life.
Ready to create brighter days for you and your customers?
Unlike the competition, with Merry Maids you will get:
- Flexible schedules that work for you! Whether you need full-time or part-time, we understand that life is complicated, and things come up.
- Get paid for the entire time you work, including time spent in the car, scheduling, and other duties, not just the hours you’re in-home cleaning.
- You clean the homes; we clean the supplies. No more bringing home rags and towels to clean in your own time. We’ll take care of the laundry, so you can take care of the clients!
- Paid gas. We understand it’s expensive to get around, that’s why Merry Maids will always compensate you for your time, mileage, and gas.
- We keep track of customer keys, so you don’t have to worry about more than you should. The only time you’ll be responsible for a customer’s keys is when you are going to/from a customer’s home, otherwise we keep them safe and locked up in our office.
- We communicate with the clients, so you can spend time focusing on the cleaning. Running late? Need to re-schedule? We will liaise with the clients to ensure everyone is always on the same page.
- We offer real opportunities for advancement. You have ambitions and we want to cultivate them, which is why we offer genuine opportunities for advancement within our company. We understand what an asset a hard-working employee is, which is why we reward those who work hard for us!
- No night, weekend, or holiday work
- Guaranteed weekly pay (from $17 per hour plus tips)
- Weekly bonuses based on performance
- Paid training
- Paid gas
- Paid mileage
- Employee discounts and benefits
- Extended health care, Costco memberships and CAA memberships
- Career advancement opportunities
- Full time and part-time positions available
- A supportive and uplifting team environment
- Additional benefits vary by franchise, so contact us today to learn more!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Merry Maids is one of the largest home cleaning companies in the world, with 900 franchise locations across North America. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible service, allowing them to spend more time with their friends and families.
Whether you work with us as a solo house cleaner or as part of a close-knit team, you will deliver each cleaning using Merry Maids’ world-class cleaning methods and customer service. All our cleaners double as brand ambassadors, ensuring that each client’s day is brightened by bringing Merry Maids into their home.
- Preparing cleaning products for the day
- Loading cleaning products and equipment into a vehicle
- Using cleaning products and procedures to provide an exceptional clean in customers’ homes
- Cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, family rooms, etc.
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchens and bathrooms
- Vacuuming and washing hard surface floors on hands and knees
- Cleaning and dusting light fixtures, baseboards, doors, door frames, and windowsills
- Moving reasonably light furniture in rooms to clean under and behind
- Operating a company car or personal motor vehicle to transport team members, materials, and cleaning supplies to each home (where necessary)
- Working in a safe and methodical manner
- Contributing to a positive work environment with a pleasant attitude, punctuality, and a team player mindset
- Having respect and an understanding for co-workers and customers
- Taking pride and being passionate about the work you do
- Must have a valid work permit and reside in Canada
- An own vehicle, valid driver’s licence and clean driving record is an asset
- Clean police record
- Strong references
- A great attitude and ability to commit to the team
- Ability to differentiate between cleaning products and uses
- Ability to read cleaning instructions
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and time management skills
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs of equipment
- Ability to withstand regular physical contact with dog and cat hair, mold, dust, mildew, and cleaning solutions
- Ability to drive to and from various job sites
Merry Maids is an equal opportunity employer, and we thank you for your interest. However, only those that qualify will be contacted.